For those who are spiritually searching, lost, or wounded:
When would one seek counseling for spirituality?
- For wounds or abuse resulting from church or faith community
- Exploring sexual orientation, gender identity, and/or social justice related concerns within a faith framework
- For issues of control, obsessive thoughts, or anxiety related to or stemming from faith or spirituality
- Loss of faith, questions or grief over beliefs no longer held
- Feeling spiritually lost and disembodied
- Discord in relationships or loss of community due to change in religious faith
So you are aware of my background, I was raised in a nondenominational Christian framework, however I now ascribe to more of a humanist spirituality. That said, I wholeheartedly embrace and affirm people of all genders and sexualities, as well as those coming from differing religious or spiritual backgrounds. You are welcome here.